Deleted Items Folder Permissions in MessageStore

MailEnable's Connector for Microsoft Outlook provides a rich messaging and collaborative interface to MailEnable.
parkerbyron

Deleted Items Folder Permissions in MessageStore

Post by parkerbyron »

I have been experiencing an issue where when I install the MAPI connector in outlook (I've tried 2003 and 2007 with the same result) then they are not able to delete items (the processing screen runs and runs and eventually goes away but deletion fails). After some discussion and experimenting it turns out the problem has to do with incorrect permissions on the 'deleted items' folder in the message store on the server.

As part of the investigation I found that if you login to the server (newest version of Premium) you can't even set the sharing or permissions on the folder at all... I was told to delete and recreate the folder, which you cannot do as no one has permissions on this folder, it is totally locked. I did find that if you reboot the machine and log in as an administrator the folder can then be deleted and recreated and everything works fine from there on.

However, I can't afford to keep deleting/rebooting for each MAPI user on our network (or future clients for that matter). Why would the folder get locked like that? It happened once when I removed and reinstalled the MAPI connector on one of my users PC's. It was working fine before then everything wen't wrong after the uninstall/reinstall.

I am using the latest MAPI connector 1.28.
Parker Byron
IT Systems Administrator
Kansas City Regional Homes, Inc.
http://www.kcregionalhomes.com

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Deleted Items Folder Permissions in MessageStore

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The problem has been addressed in the upcoming MAPI client.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

todd89

Post by todd89 »

I am getting a very similar issue with version 7.07 enterprise running on Windows Server 2012. The Deleted Items folders become unaccessible. As administrator I cannot take ownership. If I reboot the directory disappears. Then I can recreate it. I am getting several of these a day. Any ideas?

jmmejia68

Post by jmmejia68 »

I have the same issue. Windows 2012 Standard, Premium 7.06
A lot of Deleted Items gets locked and even the administrator can't access it.
I had to rename the folder and create a new one. It's complicating since I have a lot of users, and a lot of deleted items failing.
Please any advice. Some of them using WebMail, others imap.
The folder has full permissions to IME_USER, IME_SYSTEM, IME_ADMIN and they have inheritance.
I tried to Change Ownership, and all of these folders get errors, even running as administrator. And found some Tasks and Calendar directories too.

Thanks,