Display IMAP folders in the activesync mail app

MailEnable Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) - for EAS enabled devices (including iPhone, Windows Phone 7, Android, Nokia, etc).
legalt

Display IMAP folders in the activesync mail app

Post by legalt »

Hi There
I am trialling activesync on Pro 6.56. I am an existing imap user and wanted to know if there was a way to display my imap folders via activesync. Also i have existing pop users that have file structures that would want to see those folder on their mobile devices.
Thanks

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Display IMAP folders in the activesync mail app

Post by MailEnable »

Yes, ActiveSync allows access to folders on mobile devices (eg: Android, iPhone, Windows).

Activesync also allows calendar, contacts, etc.... as well. Different devices provide different levels of support for ActiveSync, so you may want to verify the version and functionality provided by the handset. Also, I would suggest upgrading to the current version as it includes some important patches to ActiveSync in particular.
Regards, Andrew

legalt

Re: Display IMAP folders in the activesync mail app

Post by legalt »

Thanks for the info. In regards to the IMAP folder question i have noticed that when i file an email away in outlook via imap the move doesn't replicate on my Android mail client (it is using activesync) and also i have not been able to connect my ipad 3 to activesync. Could this be resolved with the new update?
Cheers