Outlook 2007 not sending email

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
standrewpc1

Outlook 2007 not sending email

Post by standrewpc1 »

I'm having the problem that Outlook 2007 is not sending email. I'm getting the error message from Outlook Send/Receive Details: sending reported error (0x80004005): The operation failed.

I've searched the MailEnable forums & the web at large for clues or similar errors. I have Google Calendar sync'd to my calendar, and saw that that could cause a conflict. So I uninstalled Google Calendar Sync.

Outlook 2007 then stopped giving me the 0x80004005 error message -- instead, it was registering emails as having been sent, but they neither copied to my sent folder, nor reached their destination. As best as I can describe it, my outgoing emails were simply "disappearing."

I reinstalled Google Calendar Sync, because I figured if I still can't send email, I might as well be able to sync to my Google Calendar. Now I'm back to the 0x80004005 error.

Because uninstalling Google Calendar Sync didn't actually solve the problem, I'm wondering if the problem is improper communication between Outlook 2007 and MailEnable.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on what I might try to diagnose & fix this problem?

Thanks so much!

MailEnable
Site Admin

Re: Outlook 2007 not sending email

Post by MailEnable »

What protocol is your outlook profile using?
ie: Do you have it set up with POP3, IMAP or are you using MailEnable's Outlook Connector against a MailEnable Premium Server?

The approach for diagnosing depends heavily on the above, but here are some things to look at:

1. Have you tried temporarily disabled any antivirus or firewalls that may be preventing access tot he server?
2. would ensure that you have Secure Password Authentication turned off and that you verify the MailEnable server logs to determine if the client is communicating with the server at all.
Regards, Andrew