Problems with evaluation

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Post Reply
BudDurland
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Problems with evaluation

Post by BudDurland » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:26 pm

We are evaluating MailEnable Enterprise, and have stumbled on a couple things. One I'm pretty sure is a bug, the other is probably just me not knowing where to look. Our test server is Windows 2003R2/64, running as a VMWare guest. I have it set up, and sending/receiving e-mail in a test domain works as expected.

The first problem I had came right after installation; some services were not starting. I determined that if I changed the destination of the program install from the default of "C:\Program files..." to "C:\MENABLE", the executables went to the new directory, but the services were set up to start from "C:\Program Fiels...", and so would fail to start. I re-installed to all the defaults and they all work

We would be migrating from Kerio Connect. I downloaded the imapmigrate utility and used it on a test account. It did not report any errors, yet when I log into the account using webmail, the messages are not there. Even more interesting, in the management console, when I go to 'Messaging Manager \ Post Offices \ Mail Boxes\<user>, it reports no messages in the inbox. But, if I go to the mailbox properties, on the "messages" tab, I see a list of messages. When I ran the utility, I specified the 'Local Mailbox' as simply '<mailbox>'. Was that correct?

BudDurland
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:02 pm

Re: Problems with evaluation

Post by BudDurland » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:03 pm

I was able to fixthe migration problem by stopping all the services, deleting the _index.xml file in the user's mail store, and restarting.

Now, the laptop that I am using for test does not see new mail for my account. The laptop is running Win76Pro/64, with Office 2007 (32 bit). I installed the ME connector. it was working Friday after the install. This morning, no new mail found. I turned on DEBUG login in the connector, and see hundreds of errorsL

Code: Select all

PR_ENTRYID (PT_ERROR): [MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND]
How does one fix that?

MailEnable
Site Admin
Posts: 4441
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2002 3:03 am
Location: Melbourne, Victoria Australia

Re: Problems with evaluation

Post by MailEnable » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:53 pm

wow, it sounds like you have had an array of issued getting it up and running. I have not heard of these problems occuring and they seem very strange (particularly the invalid service executable path).

The error on the client: PR_ENTRYID (PT_ERROR): [MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND] is not relevant. It is normal outlook behaviour. It is simply outlook asking for a property that has not been set. It will happen all the time.

The new message arrival problem sounds as though there are still installation problems with the server itself. Most likely permissions. I suggest running MEDIAG to see if it reports any issues.

I would also get IMAP working with a client to verify that MailEnable's backend is functional. Once you have IMAP working, then move onto configuring the MAPI Connector.
Regards, Andrew

Post Reply