Bug in SMTP outbound queue and Send history report

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Post Reply
afking
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:07 am

Bug in SMTP outbound queue and Send history report

Post by afking » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 am

We just upgrade to enterprise premium 7.02, the Mailenable admin console is very handy now especially to analyze the outbound queue.

However, we find 2 bugs there

1. In the outbound queue, we see some emails still sitting there with the status - "unsent". So the first thing we want to do is to click on it to resend again.
2. We also found out that we can just right click on that particular email and can view the send history. So we click on it but it say it can not find the starting point in the log of that message for the date 3/13/2012. Do you wish to search the previous days logs.

So we click yes and it show at the very end

03/12/13 23:39:34 ME-E0059: [AEC78EE891674B548DC84D43F0310299.MAI] Message Delivery Failure. Attempt (20): Domain (xxxxx.xx) returned temporary error for email. Message has been requeued.

But some how we search today's SMTP log and found that that email somehow sent successfully.

So the bugs are
1. The email has been sent later but the status still show Unsent.
2. The send History can only show the log of the date the message was sent, but not the latest information that the email actually has been sent out today.

This will be very confusing to the administrator as if there lot of "Unsent" emails in the outbound queue, we will need to search the actual daily log to see if that email has been sent or not as the sent History report is not accurate. The sent History report should also search the later log file also to show the complete history.

kiamori
Posts: 242
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:39 am
Contact:

Re: Bug in SMTP outbound queue and Send history report

Post by kiamori » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 am

verify that IME_ADMIN and IME_SYSTEM have full permissions of the log folder/drive. I had this issue when moving the logs to their own drive for improved performance.

Error was "could not find start point in the logs for this message"

Post Reply