Mail from outlook not sent, but can be sent by webmail

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
AndresCL

Mail from outlook not sent, but can be sent by webmail

Post by AndresCL » Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm

I have the following problem: When I send emails from outlook, do not reach the recipient and outlook gives no error message, but from webmail emails are sent without problem. What can be caused by this? The setting has always been the same and this started to happen from one moment to another. Thanks

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Mail from outlook not sent, but can be sent by webmail

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:19 am

Hi,

You need to inspect the SMTP log files in respect to the date/time your sending from Outlook for more information. Use the following article on how to track messages as they pass through the MailEnable services:

http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020252.htm
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Especially if you're using AT&T's service, make sure you're not using port 25 to send out e-mails. They block it when they feel like it creating the inability to send out e-mails. However, you must make an available port in ME to use as an alternate (like 587).
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WWSHosting.net
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and get your first 2 months FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

Photorer

Post by Photorer » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:51 am

I have also experienced this.....
Mails seem to send fine when connected to the router / ADSL line. As soon as I connect via 3G, then mails sometimes send and other times don't. Webmail always works, since it is being created directly on the server itself.

I need to keep the system working, because I need to sync my phone with the mailbox - I was seriously considering changing back to Pop3....... :(

Any suggestions?