upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem. [FIXED]

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Post Reply
ljaszczak
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem. [FIXED]

Post by ljaszczak » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:30 pm

I upgraded to ME8 from latest 7.x. Upon restarting, the calendar and contact lists are not available, that is, the webmail pages are missing the tabs for calendar and contacts entirely.
I ran a diagnostics page and got two warnings under IASPI extensions stating that ASP.NET v4.0.30319 was disabled. I executed the fix suggested in the diagnostics page ME20433 without success.
I vaguely remember a similar problem that was due to a bad skin, we are using the default mondo skin.

Anyone have any similar problems or ideas on a fix?
Last edited by ljaszczak on Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ljaszczak
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: Update to 8 entrerprise problem.

Post by ljaszczak » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Update,

Trying to send an attachement yields the following error:

The license for this software prevents access to webmail attachments.

The license is however listed as good and valid.

gotty
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 am

Re: upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem.

Post by gotty » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:42 pm

I have a similar problem
I upgraded to version 8 (standard) yesterday and everything seemed fine but today
I have found that attachments in webmail are not available with the following error:

The license for this software prevents access to webmail attachments.
diagnostic report shows licensed and license key is valid!
I found an older fix (replacing a file) and now it has changed to
This feature (download attachment) is only available to licensed installations of MailEnable. The license key is either missing or invalid.
still shows licence is good in the diagnostic.
will try a reinstall to see if that fixes it or maybe I will need to go back to version 7.52

ljaszczak
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:21 pm

Re: upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem.

Post by ljaszczak » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Problem Solved.

It turns out that a old copy of MESISO.DLL was left behind from the prior install.

Solution was to search for all instances of MESISO.DLL, stop Mailenable and IIS services/processes and delete all instances of MESISO.DLL other than the most up to date in the current working directory.

Rebooted and everything works again.

gotty
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 am

Re: upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem. [FIXED]

Post by gotty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 pm

That did not work for me . only had current version of meaiso.dll.
first I tried a uninstall and reinstall of ver 8.00 but still not happy, so I simply rolled back to version 7.52 and it is happy again.
so the conclusion is wait for 8.xx and try again.

hasseb432
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:58 am

Re: upgrade to 8 entrerprise problem. [FIXED]

Post by hasseb432 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:22 am

Item 4 was fixed by associating .MAI files with NotePad but that requirement surprises me as if I went to Properties for a mailbox, selected the Messages tab and double clicked one of the messages shown it wass automatically opened in NotePad without that association having to be made. I would have assumed the use of the View button for other messages (Bad Mail, etc.) would have done the same thing.
aliiiii

Post Reply