Webmail horribly slow on Windows 2008 R2 Server

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
jonnyohio

Webmail horribly slow on Windows 2008 R2 Server

Post by jonnyohio » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:15 pm

Clean install of latest version. I can send and receive emails via SMTP, and the webmail login loads up fine in all my browsers fairly quick. However, when I go to login to a newly created account in any browser (I've tried IE, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome), it's horrendously slow. I get "Connecting..." and "Waiting for response..." for about a full 2 minutes. Then the screen changes to "Loading..." for what seems like an eternity. When I finally do get to the actual screen where I can view emails and compose new ones, doing anything is horribly slow. I have a couple websites on the server that load just fine (not using asp), so I'm sure it's not a connectivity issue.

I'm thinking this is an issue with ASP, but I cannot find a clue as to what.
I checked permissions and checked every single log file I could find and can not find any error messages at all from mailenable. I searched the forum and can only find older posts talking about this issue, but none of them had a solution. The diagnostics screen seems to indicate everything is functioning normally. I'm stumped.

I'm running the standard version.

jonnyohio

Re: Webmail horribly slow on Windows 2008 R2 Server

Post by jonnyohio » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 pm

Nevermind. I found a solution....I uninstalled and then installed hmailserver and roundcube and they work great! Thanks everyone.