A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
Olli

A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client

Post by Olli »

Hi

I have a fresh installation of MailEnable 9.14 standard on Windows 2012 R2. When I log in to the webmail with an acount and try to send an email, nothing happens at the page no errors no nothing, but in event log I get this error:

Exception type: HttpRequestValidationException
Exception message: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client (Options="<options><option><na...").
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String value, String collectionKey, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateHttpValueCollection(HttpValueCollection collection, RequestValidationSource requestCollection)
at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_QueryString()
at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: A potentially dangerous Request.QueryString value was detected from the client

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Does this still occur in 9.17?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support