Migrating from Exchange 2013 issues

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
MyHeadHurts

Migrating from Exchange 2013 issues

Post by MyHeadHurts » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:18 am

Hi.

Currently attempting to migrate from exchange 2013 as a test to see if the business can get away from it.
I've tried using the Migration tool as EWS and as IMAP (which exchange supports)

Using EWS, regardless of using the correct domain/account combination as per MS testing site all I get is "SynchroniseFolderHierarchy::Exception/Failure::The request failed. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

If I visit the EWS .asmx location using my browser it asks for the account login, and once given shows the API XML page.
If I use the microsoft testconnectivity tool (https://testconnectivity.microsoft.com/tests/EwsTask/input) using the domain\username combo it works.

-------

If I specify the server as an IMAP server it STILL tries to connect the account as EWS, not IMAP.

Can anyone suggest a way to either make EWS work, or if IMAP is chosen to actually use IMAP?

Thanks!

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Migrating from Exchange 2013 issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 am

Hi,

Can you click on the "Activity" button under the "Monitor" tab where the mailboxes are queued within the migration utility. Check the username that is being used to authenticate and then use the exact same username when you perform your tests in a browser or via the Microsoft test connectivity website. As for trying to migrate via an IMAP strategy did you remove the EWS strategy first?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support