Facing Issue with upgrading standard edition to professional

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
jaswinder

Facing Issue with upgrading standard edition to professional

Post by jaswinder »

Hi Everyone,

We have installed 9.2 plesk control panel on the server along with Mail Enable standard edition (free edition). Further we have upgrade MailEnable standard edition to professional edition manually. After Mail Enable was upgraded to professional edition we found some error under event logs with below.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MailEnable
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
Date: 4/27/2010
Time: 5:24:30 AM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER NAME
Description:
General: (Mail Enable Authentication TD Provider error: 1008) an error occurred when accessing the resource: "E:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Config\AUTH.TAB" as user "SERVER-NAME\IME_ADMIN". The error reported was: (5) Access is denied..

Regarding above error we have assigned appropriate permission to IME_ADMIN and below permission to IME_SYSTEM.

Type Object Name Access
MailEnable Store IME_STORE_GROUP FULL CONTROL
MailEnable\QUEUES IME_SYSTEM FULL
MailEnable\LOGGING IME_SYSTEM FULL
MailEnable\CONFIG IME_SYSTEM FULL
MailEnable\Bad Mail IME_SYSTEM FULL
MailEnable\Backup IME_SYSTEM FULL
MailEnable\Bin IME_SYSTEM READ+EXECUTE

Since we have upgraded MailEnable standard edition to professional edition we facing problem with duplicate mails. Suppose the mail sent on Monday is getting delivered continuously after couple of hours again and again.

Can anyone let me know what I can do to resolve this problem with duplicate mails? Or procedure to downgrade mailenable from professional edition to standard edition. Your early response would be appreciated.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Facing Issue with upgrading standard edition to professional

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Since we have upgraded MailEnable standard edition to professional edition we facing problem with duplicate mails. Suppose the mail sent on Monday is getting delivered continuously after couple of hours again and again.

Can anyone let me know what I can do to resolve this problem with duplicate mails? Or procedure to downgrade mailenable from professional edition to standard edition. Your early response would be appreciated.
Firstly you will need to trace within your log files to determine if the messages are in fact being delivered multiple times to the mailboxes inbox folder. You can do this by using the MailEnable message tracking utility. More information on how to track messages as they pass through MailEnable can be found here: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020252.htm

Are the duplicates occurring when the mailbox downloads the messages via POP within Outlook (or another email client)?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support