[FYI] Spam Filter Add-on for Outlook

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
rfwilliams777

[FYI] Spam Filter Add-on for Outlook

Post by rfwilliams777 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:41 am

ME is a great mail server service and does a minimal spam filter. MXScan is a great third-party solution that really helps knock out the spam. But lately spam still gets through. Reason? Spammers are leasing servers with no intention to stay long term. They load their email software and their library of email addresses and spam away. Once they get blacklisted or their provider gives them the boot, they move on to another server provider and repeat the process again. Sadly, this causes serious problems as by the time our databases (ME and MXScan) have those servers discovered and blocked, its too little, too late. So I accidentally discovered this: MxAfee for Business. They offer spam control for Microsoft Outlook. Now this is not like the olden-days spam filter programs in Outlook that create its own junk folder and then you spend a rediculous amount of time tweaking it. Simply select the spam, click on the McAfee shield in Outlook (it helps if you have an easy to find shield at the top), and it deletes the email but reports all the header information to McAfee. Once agregation occurs, they step in and blast those spammers quicker by placing them on blacklists quickly. I have seen success and have little spam coming into my Inbox since installing this on my computer.
So how can you obtain this great tool? Go to http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/saas ... tlook.aspx. Now, if you only use webmail or a mobile device or a Mac, then this will be of no use to you.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WWSHosting.net
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and get your first 2 months FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!