BUG (?): Junk E-mail folder not created

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Smurf

BUG (?): Junk E-mail folder not created

Post by Smurf »

Problem;

Emails marked as spam are not being copied to the Junk E-mail folder. The Junk E-mail folder is not being created.

Symptoms;

Emails with X-ME-Bayesian: 99.998475 score show in Inbox. Junk E-mail folder not found in mailbox folder. Error exists throughout all hosted mailboxes. Emails with high bayesian do not have the 'Deliver-To=Junk' header.

Background;

Clean, fresh install of ME Pro 3.05 and Plesk 8.3. Default spam settings. Webmail user has enabled Spam settings to move message to Junk E-mail folder.

Solution?

Are we missing something? Do we need to set some Server wide filter (like we do on our other Ent V2 setup?)

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Is anyone else running Plesk 8.2 or 8.3 with ME Pro 3.05?

If so, can you confirm if your spam is being out into your Junk E-mail folders OK?

We really need a resolution to this.

Grenzer

Post by Grenzer »

We have to second that. We are actually moving all mail domains over to the new mail server which is running the latest Mail Enable Version. The Mail version on the old mailserver was version 2.
When creating E-Mail accounts in version 2 Junk E-Mail accounts were automatically created. This seems not to happen on the latest Mailenable Enterprise version.
Additionally in Mailenable Version 2 users had the possibility to add custom filters to their mail account (i.e. delete all as spam marked emails, all emails containing these words move to junk folder etc). Version 3 is not offering this feature anymore and were are receiving a lot of complaints from our users. Please correct me if I am wrong and there is a filtermanagement option in the webmail GUI. If it doesnt this is a distinct reduction in the functionality of the webmail GUI.

Grenzer

Post by Grenzer »

OK... partially taking it back. On the new server we just had installed the mailenable version 3 and not registered it yet. Now, that it is registered all filter options are back and even better than before. Well done lads...

However... Junk E-Mail Folder. Why is this folder not created on default whereas spam rules give me the option to move detected mails to the Junk E-Mail folder even though it doesnt exist? Is this a bug?

manuel.blanco

Post by manuel.blanco »

Hi,

I have the same problem with junk folders in 3.11 ME Enterprise version.

We really need a resolution to this.

Regards

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

There are 2 options that you need to ensure that are enabled for the Junk E-mail folder processing to work:

1. Ensure that the option is enabled at the postoffice level within the "feature selection" tab under the postoffice properties window. The option is "deliver to Junk E-mail to Junk E-mail folder".

2. Ensure that the Global Junk Email processing option is set to deliver to junk email folder under the following location:

Servers>localhost>filters

Right click on "filters" and access the properties window. Under the "Junk Email processing" section ensure the dropdown setting is set to "messages are moved to Junk Email folder".

regards,

MailEnable Support.

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Grenzer wrote:OK... partially taking it back. On the new server we just had installed the mailenable version 3 and not registered it yet. Now, that it is registered all filter options are back and even better than before. Well done lads...
What version of ME are you using? We've just purchased a copy of ME PRO V3 and it does not support personal mailbox filters. Is this correct?

jgpv247

Junk E-mail folders

Post by jgpv247 »

MailEnable-Ian wrote:Hi,

There are 2 options that you need to ensure that are enabled for the Junk E-mail folder processing to work:

1. Ensure that the option is enabled at the postoffice level within the "feature selection" tab under the postoffice properties window. The option is "deliver to Junk E-mail to Junk E-mail folder".

2. Ensure that the Global Junk Email processing option is set to deliver to junk email folder under the following location:

Servers>localhost>filters

Right click on "filters" and access the properties window. Under the "Junk Email processing" section ensure the dropdown setting is set to "messages are moved to Junk Email folder".

regards,

MailEnable Support.
Any of the mailboxes have a JunkE-mail folder.
For dummies, where can I check the two issues that you mention?
Regards,

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Please review the following article: http://www.mailenable.com/kb/viewarticl ... 020379.htm
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

trusnock

Post by trusnock »

In ME 3.14, the global filter setting has three options for Junk E-mail Processing:

1) Deliver to Inbox
2) Deliver to Junk E-mail Folder
3) Determined by postoffice settings

Does this third option refer to the PostOffice feature "Deliver junk email to Junk E-mail folder"? If so, shouldn't this checkbox be greyed out when the global filter setting is set to anything but "Determined by postoffice settings"? (like other global vs. local settings do throughout the program)

Thanks,
-Tom