WebMail lockup

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
Erik Olofsson

WebMail lockup

Post by Erik Olofsson » Thu Jul 25, 2002 10:51 am

I have downloaded Professional version, to try if it works with my setup (Windows 2000 Professional and IIS) before I buy it. But when I try to access webmail through the webserver the page hangs. I can't even stop the Web publishing service in service manager I have to restart.

Is this because I have not registered yet, or because I must have Windows 2000 server. Or some other error ?

kevinc

Post by kevinc » Thu Jul 25, 2002 12:00 pm

Professional should be fine, running alright on my laptop :) And if the 10 connection limit kicks in you'll receive the associated error message, maybe you should try reinstalling IIS ? Was it working before, other pages etc ?

Erik Olofsson

Post by Erik Olofsson » Thu Jul 25, 2002 1:09 pm

I installed IIS just for MailEnable, and the default pages is working. When I enter the MEWebmail directory the page hangs, and if I reload 10 times I reach the maximum limit of 10 users without having any other pages open.

I should add that MailEnable did not create a MEWebmail directory as the help said it should, I added that myself according to the instructions in the guide.

Erik Olofsson

Post by Erik Olofsson » Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:07 am

I'm running on a dual processor machine, could this have something to do with the lockup ? Have you done any tests on MP machines ?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:10 am

Some development work (and testing) for MailEnable is done on dual processor machines, so it is unlikely to be that. Do you get the error when you first access the webmail, or after you enter a username and password?

Also, have you changed any of the settings in IIS before the installation of MailEnable Pro? For instance, if you remove "default.asp" as a default document for your web site, this will affect MailEnable (though the error for this will likely be different to the one you are getting).

Lastly, was there any error message when installing MailEnable Pro? i.e. did you need to make the virtual directory or Windows user accounts yourself?

Erik Olofsson

Post by Erik Olofsson » Fri Jul 26, 2002 6:42 am

Its as soon as I go into the MEWebmail directory that hang occurs. No error messages.

The first time I installed MailEnable Pro it did not create the virtual directory, I created it myself. After I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled it did create the virtual directory.

I have not changed any IIS settings.

I had no error messages while installing MailEnable Pro