Android & iMap with MailEnable

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
tgoepferd

Android & iMap with MailEnable

Post by tgoepferd »

Hello,

I am wondering if other android users are having any trouble with mail app receiving mail from a Mail Enable iMap server.

I have MailEnable 4, and iMap works fine with Thunderbird. However, on my Droid X, the mail app never sees new mail. It was able to get mail from the server when I first created the mail account on the droid, but after that I never get any new mail.

Thanks in advance.

Todd

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Android & iMap with MailEnable

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Are you running the latest version 4.26 of MailEnable? Also what version of the Android OS and the email client being used that is running on the device?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

globalnetinc

Post by globalnetinc »

Mailenable 5.07 and a Motorola Droid X do not work with IMAP. The Droid will pull some emails. Randomly it gets new emails over time. It never retrieves a complete list of all emails.

aplusmiami

Post by aplusmiami »

I am having the exact same problem on all my phones. HTC EVO and Moto Atrix. Iphones seem to be ok. I am running Android 2.3 on both phones. ME ver. 4.26.

aplusmiami

Post by aplusmiami »

Has anyone else had any issues? Is Mailenable dead? I am looking to upgrade to the latest but this imap issue is a deal breaker. My other options are a hosted solution? Anyone in tech support around!

aplusmiami

Post by aplusmiami »

Anyone? Anyone?

MailEnable-Ben

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

We have two Android's here working with IMAP and I have worked with many other people while supporting SyncML who have not mentioned anything about IMAP problems so without seeing the IMAP logs I am not sure I can tell you any more. You will need to submit a support request via the MailEnable web site and send through the IMAP debug and activity logs along with details of the mailbox that is connecting and time so we can see if there is anything obvious.
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.

Blue Fin Solutions

Post by Blue Fin Solutions »

I had issues with the default "Messaging" program working correctly with IMAP. Once I installed another mail application (K-9 Mail) I have not had a single issue since. Dump the default mail programs and you should be fine.

Good Luck,
Brice

AlphaMouth

Post by AlphaMouth »

I second that. The default email app on Android does not work with MailEnable IMAP properly. K9 as well as mailDroid seem to work fine.

WCHAdmin

Post by WCHAdmin »

we have just been sold MailEnable and had it installed by our vendor, who states that mobile sync to any phone is possible. We are waiting to find out how to make that work, but I'm trying to figure it out in the meantime, as they have not been responsive enough. Has anyone made Corporate Active Sync on the Android work yet? We want to sync Mail, Calendars and Contacts, just as we did with Exchange.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
Has anyone made Corporate Active Sync on the Android work yet? We want to sync Mail, Calendars and Contacts, just as we did with Exchange.
MailEnable does not provide Active Sync for mobile devices. However it does provide SyncML which is used for synchronization of "Calendar Appointments", "tasks" and "Contacts". It does not have the ability to sync mail. You will find more information about SyncML within the MailEnable documentation.

http://www.mailenable.com/documentation/Professional
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

AlphaMouth

Post by AlphaMouth »

Does anyone (Ben) have suggestions on what settings affect the IMAP functions in ME and Android. I am continuing to have the issue of deleted messeges not actually deleting and then being reloaded as new messages on next check in. Here's the step by step:

Config
ME Pro 5.07
Samsung Charge (droid) w/ default mail client
Webmail Client
2 separate accounts/domains

TEST 1
1. New mail arrives (Droid)
2. Delete mail (unread)
3. Refresh mail client
4. Same mail arrives as unread

TEST 2
2. Read mail
3. Delete mail
3. Refresh mail client
4. Same mail arrives as unread

TEST 3
2. Delete mail (unread)
3. Login to webmail
3. Email is marked as unread and ready for deletion (line through the email info)
4. Same mail arrives as unread on droid

It is clear that there is something in the config or functionality of ME in regards to IMAP that is not working as needed. Anyone with tips of this to check/config would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I had been using IMAP on my iPhone for over a year with the current config without issue.

ndgwv

Post by ndgwv »

I can confirm that the default Moto Atrix (current version: 2.3.4) email program does not function with MailEnable using IMAP.
K-9 mail on the Atrix works ok with Mailenable using IMAP.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Anyone that is running an older version of MailEnable 5.x please upgrade to the latest version located on our downloads page to ensure that you have the latest fixes to the MailEnable core services to eliminate problems within an older version. If the problems persist when trying to connect via IMAP on the android devices please advise.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

AlphaMouth

Post by AlphaMouth »

@Ian

I upgraded to the new 5.5 this morning with no change in this behavior. All new messages remain unread and un-deleted when marked from my adroid mail client. Webmail still shows a correct listings as does the iPhone.

I recreated the Android mail account also today in an attempt to re-sync. No change.