Webmail not showing attachments

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
bgateley

Webmail not showing attachments

Post by bgateley » Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:25 pm

Hi,

I saw some posts that showed this as a problem with older versions of MailEnable but none with version 4.0. When receiving an email with an attachment in Webmail, the attachment does not show up. If I then forward that e-mail to my other account and receive it in Thunderbird, the attachment is there. This only happens with e-mail that I am originally sending through a Visual Studio 2008 application, so I suspect it has something to do with headers or content-types or some such. Emails with attachments sent from Thunderbird show up fine. Can anybody provide any insight into this?

Thanks,
Brian

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Webmail not showing attachments

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 am

Hi,

Would need to see the way the message has been formatted by the application. If the messages show up fine when sending from an email client (Thunderbird) then I would suspect that the messages containing the attachments are in-fact not being formatted correctly by the application. IE: headers, content-types, message boundaries.

Also 4.0 is outdated and would strongly recommend that you upgrade to version 4.26 as it contains many fixes to the MailEnable web mail interface and MailEnable core services that you need to apply.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

bgateley

Re: Webmail not showing attachments

Post by bgateley » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 pm

Thanks for your response, Ian. I upgraded to 4.26 and that seems to have taken care of the problem.