Best way to not use Relay in this scenario?

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
FrankNStein

Best way to not use Relay in this scenario?

Post by FrankNStein » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 pm

I have a web based application service that communicates with my user base via Emails. We use Mail Enable Professional 6.83 and do not have any email clients using this email server such as the web mail interface or Outlook, etc. All we want to use ME for is to send the emails out to the clients and receive inbound emails that we automate pick up via custom schedulers. We do not want anyone to ever connect to this mail server remotely or relay email remotely through this mail server. It is strictly there to send automated notifications to the users and receive email replies from the users for automated purposes.

Is there a way to have our DB server send mail through ME - and remove all externally replayed possibilities? Meaning we had a spammer hit our ME server, hack the password, then start using us to send their crap out from a remote IP. I don't want anyone to connect and send, authenticated or not from any other location but a local DB server from a specific IP address. I cannot seem to get the right combination of settings to restrict allowing ME to relay only from one IP connection and that being from our DB server. Is it possible to make ME only allow sending from a specific approved IP address only - no matter authentication or not?

Suggestions welcome - Thanks, Frank