create a *@domain.com email address

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
quinton.dickens

create a *@domain.com email address

Post by quinton.dickens »

We have a MailEnable Pro ver 9.18 that we have been using for about 3 years. We have four mailboxes. Postmaster, Sales, Support, and Catchall. The Catchall mailbox has two email addresses assigned to it, catchall@domain.com and *@domain.com

I have been tasked with bringing up a replacement server. I have installed MailEnable Pro ver. 10.20. I created the catchall account mailbox and the catchall@domain.com email address was automatically assigned to it. I attempted to add the email address *@domain.com to the account. I get a popup error saying "You need to add a valid email address". The person who installed and configured the first server is no longer with the company and I can find no notes of anything special he may have done to add the *@domain.com address.

The faxing operation that we use MailEnable with is dependent on all emails to any address other than Postmaster@domain.com, Sales@domain.com or Support@domain.com goes into Catchall@domain.com. So I need to figure out how to add this address, either from the Managment Console or manually in the backend somewhere.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Quinton

cfdynamics

Re: create a *@domain.com email address

Post by cfdynamics »

Assigning the catchall address under the domain settings is all that is required to have every other address that is not actually created sent to the specified catchall account. the * is not required as an email address.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.