BCC not working

Discussions on webmail and the Professional version.
dlehman

BCC not working

Post by dlehman »

I found out the hard way that the BCC in the webmail does not seem to work correctly, or at least when I used it.
I wanted to send a message to s amll group of people without disclosing the people CCed, so I used bcc. Because ME requires a valid To address, I simply used a local address I knew would be forwarded to the bad mail directory by the mta. Of course, what I did not realize would happen is that it simply junks the rest of the list if this happens. I cannot even find a record of the SMTP gateway trying to send to these people.

Is there any place I could try looking besides the SMTP logs to see if it was indeed sent, or what became of the message?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

No - this information is only contained in the SMTP Outbound logs (RCPT TO Command). Also, MailEnable splits messages up per domain, so there should be a separate entry in the Activity/W3C logs for each recipient, with the SMTP conversation being grouped by domain. I have passed on the details regarding the BCC/Webmail issue and will let you know.
Regards, Andrew

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Make sure you are running version 1.0010 or later of Professional. Versions before this may have issues with BCC.

dlehman

Post by dlehman »

I am running the version released Sept 20.