Create pickup events as VB6 DLL or .NET assemblies

Discussion for developers using MailEnable.
Kiliman

Create pickup events as VB6 DLL or .NET assemblies

Post by Kiliman »

I have created a framework for writing MTA Pickup Events using VB6 or .NET.

These event handlers are loaded as DLLs and run in-process to MailEnable services. No more creating a new process for each event.

This framework requires ME Professional as it uses the same interface that the Anti-Virus plug-in uses.

Creating a VB6 filter is as simple as creating a new ActiveX DLL and implementing an interface.

It's easy to create a .NET component as well. Just create a new class derived from the base Filter class.

I'm finishing up the documentation now. If you would like to beta-test, just email me.

Kiliman

MartynK

Post by MartynK »

I will have a look if you can send me the code.

Thanks

Martyn.

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

Sent. Let me know if you have any questions.

Kiliman

Post by Kiliman »

Hey MartynK, I've modified my Filter framework to support GlobalMultiUse objects in VB6.

This will allow you to load up your MEFilter configuration, spam lists, etc. one time instead of every time the filter is called. So this should definitely speed up your MEFilter and make it more efficient.

.NET filters don't need special support, since you can create static class members.

Anyway, I'm creating a test harness to make it easier to debug filters. It's pretty cool. I have both VS.NET and Visual Basic open. When I execute my test program, I can literally step through the C++ code, then the C# code, then the VB code. Sweet! :D :D :D

Anyway, once I finish the test harness, I'll send you the latest code drop.

Kiliman

VegasVic

Could the Framework Be Used a IP Fax Solution?

Post by VegasVic »

I am in the process of writing a script (WSH) at this point that would accept mail in a specific mailbox, unencode it, and then export the contents (Including Header) to a TXT file. The content is then filtered against rules which confirm the ID of the sender as a subscribed IP Fax Sending acount.

At this point the message body is parsed and the required fields passed to the fax cover page and the message reassembled and sent to the fax servers SMTP port to be sent out.

I suppose what am interested in is availablity of your script/framework to cut some of the process out of our (rather CPU heavy) parse & process technique? Perhaps there is a better solution which I am just not aware of?

Best Regards,

-Vegas

cslatt

Post by cslatt »

Posted in another thread, but in case you don't see it there. Can you send me a copy of the framework please?

MailEnable
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable »

I suppose what am interested in is availablity of your script/framework to cut some of the process out of our (rather CPU heavy) parse & process technique? Perhaps there is a better solution which I am just not aware of?
See also Matt Hefron's script on the download utilities page since it shows how to use the CDOSYS object to extract message parts.
Regards, Andrew

sundeep

Re: Create pickup events as VB6 DLL or .NET assemblies

Post by sundeep »

Kiliman wrote:I have created a framework for writing MTA Pickup Events using VB6 or .NET.

These event handlers are loaded as DLLs and run in-process to MailEnable services. No more creating a new process for each event.

This framework requires ME Professional as it uses the same interface that the Anti-Virus plug-in uses.

Creating a VB6 filter is as simple as creating a new ActiveX DLL and implementing an interface.

It's easy to create a .NET component as well. Just create a new class derived from the base Filter class.

I'm finishing up the documentation now. If you would like to beta-test, just email me.

Kiliman

I need to trigger a .net c# function when ever i got an email,i am using maileanable standard edition with plesk ,i have tried with com api to create a MTA pick up event ,but it was not success full .so can you send your code or give any help to me