Store Deleted Message

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
triple

Store Deleted Message

Post by triple »

Hello,
One of our customer is looking for solution where he can store deleted messages and restore it if needed.

I guess Microsoft Exchange support this feature and they are looking for some alternate solution so I suggest them MailEnable Enterprise version. But I am not sure about the ability to store deleted messages with restore functionality.

Second they also want something like use multiple mail servers at the same time. When email send/receive it will store in both location. I don't know how it works but i'll appreciate if you can suggest any solution.

Thank You

smartmnle

Re: Store Deleted Message

Post by smartmnle »

Well, I have an idea for you here my friend. You could actually create a new subfolder or folder and named it as deleted mails. And when a user clicks on the delete button, the deleted mail would eventually go into that specific folder and have some of its function disabled, and maybe they would be deleted automatically if they are in that folder and left unattended for a specified amount of time. And by deleting the mail in the deleted mail folder, the mail would get deleted permanently.

MailEnable-Ben

Re: Store Deleted Message

Post by MailEnable-Ben »

Hello,
One of our customer is looking for solution where he can store deleted messages and restore it if needed.
What client and MailEnable service would you be using? In web mail we have a deleted items folder that messages can be put into and as such are recalled if necessary. Other email clients such as Outlook also support this feature.
Second they also want something like use multiple mail servers at the same time. When email send/receive it will store in both location. I don't know how it works but i'll appreciate if you can suggest any solution.
Would help if you told us what the aim is by doing this? Is it a backup styled solution?
Regards,

Product Services
MailEnable Pty Ltd

To keep track of all ME company updates and version releases you should subscribe to the MailEnable list at http://www.mailenable.com or the RSS feed http://www.mailenable.com/rss.