Aliases

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
kd7edh

Aliases

Post by kd7edh »

Is there a way to setup several aliases without having to create a mailbox for each? I have several users who do not need a mailbox, and I am just forwarding any email sent to their “alias” to their hotmail accounts. I was able to set this up in the last email server I used (Mercury Mail). I’m just curious if Mail Enable has this ability?

An example of what I mean is this:
user1@mydomain.com forwards to (aliases to) user1@hotmail.com
user2@mydomain.com forwards to (aliases to) user2@hotmail.com
user3@mydomain.com forwards to (aliases to) user3@yahoo.com
user4@mydomain.com forwards to (aliases to) user4@postoffice.com

Currently the only way I can figure to do this is to setup a mailbox for each alias, and then do a forward. This will make the mailbox list grow rapidly, and the users won’t even be using the mailboxes.

MDColson

Post by MDColson »

Yes, just make a postoffice for each. I am familiar with Merc/32 and in that software you chould just type a list of forwards. To the best of my knowledge this is not possible with ME. However, ME is a much better product than Merc/32 so just take the little extra time to create the mailbox - who knows, they may end up using the mailbox in the future!

MDColson

kd7edh

Post by kd7edh »

Yes, I agree that ME is much better, which is why I switched. But having an alias list would be a very nice feature. It it isn't possible, then I should put it in the suggestion forum...