Questions about Mail Enable capabilities...

For any other discussion relating to MailEnable.
ADICO

Questions about Mail Enable capabilities...

Post by ADICO »

I have used Mail Enable Standard Edition for about 1 year with no problems.t's a great email server!!!.
The problem is that i used it in order to have internal email in my network between some users.
Now i need your help. I want to receive emails from a external server and distribute it to internal folders, one per user.
Then the clients could be capable to open those folders with Outlook or Outllok Express.

Is it posible?What MailEnable version can do this?. Is it dificult to do?.
Could it be integrated with an antispam tool?

Sorry for my english...

Owen

Re: Questions about Mail Enable capabilities...

Post by Owen »

ADICO wrote:I have used Mail Enable Standard Edition for about 1 year with no problems.t's a great email server!!!.
The problem is that i used it in order to have internal email in my network between some users.
Now i need your help. I want to receive emails from a external server and distribute it to internal folders, one per user.
Then the clients could be capable to open those folders with Outlook or Outllok Express.

Is it posible?What MailEnable version can do this?. Is it dificult to do?.
Could it be integrated with an antispam tool?

Sorry for my english...
Yes it is possible. To do so you will need to have an MX record that points to the machine running the server. Depending on the setup you have the method varies. The best is to have a fixed IP address, but it can be made to work on a dynamic IP. Not sure how reliable these services are though. If you need it to work on a dynamic IP have a look at www.dynip.com

As to SPAM filtering, there are application written specifically to integrate with mailenable, or you could try something like ASSP however it is not as easy to configure on a windows machine.
The programmes written for mailenable seem to be well supported on these forums so you may want to look at those first.

cheers