Standalone Quarantine Utility

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
aahq

Standalone Quarantine Utility

Post by aahq »

It would be good if there was a Standalone Quarantine Utility that I could install on workstations of my IT Staff so they can monitor the Quarantine for "caught" work emails.

I really do not want the staff to have access to the ME Server in total but Quarantine would save me a lot of headache.

Scott

pootwaddle

Re: Standalone Quarantine Utility

Post by pootwaddle »

I would like to add (for either quarantine utility) that it would be nice if
it displayed not only who the email is from and to (like it currently does) but also
the subject line.

Then it would be great to have a button on there that says spam or redeliver so
that I can disposition a quarantined email in one step.

Currently, I have to view the email, then go back to the main quarantined list
and right-click then say redeliver or whatever.

I think this process can be streamlined so it takes less time and mouse clicks
and that would be a great feature to have in MailEnable.

Thanks for listening!

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

I have a stand-alone utility I wrote a while back to deal with quarantined mail. It does however need to run on the server, I never got around to writing something that can be run from workstations.

PM me your email address if you would like me to send you a copy to try.

Cheers,
Brett

aahq

Post by aahq »

7.52 is showing the "Subject" in quarantine, but not the "TO" and "FROM" which is great for seeing spam e.g. email coming from Mulder@fbi.gov immediately gets binned on an eyeball if the subject looks legitimate.

That's something I would request for the internal quarantine.

Brett, I am trying to PM you but it is sitting in my PM outbox. Do these PM's have to be vetted before sent? Anyhow if you could could send it to aahq@<delete this>hotmail.com

Scott

Brett Rowbotham

Post by Brett Rowbotham »

Scott,

I received your PM and have emailed the utility. My PM reply is also in the Outbox so I hope you receive it.

Cheers,
Brett

aahq

Post by aahq »

Hi Brett,

Thanks for that. I looked at the code and saw it was getting the Quarantine structure from the registry so I exported the Mail Enable registry structure from my server and imported onto my workstation, created a share called Q$ where the quarantine structure is, and then modified the local workstation registry setting for the Quarantine to the Server UNC and bingo your utility works remotely :)

I think the forwarding etc part we will recode and I will get my guys to try and pull our the "To", "From" and "RE" from the messages. I will send you back the updated version with source code once we finish it.

Thanks once again for that. It is a good 80% complete for what we want.

Scott

aahq

Post by aahq »

We started coding from scratch and now have a working, free "Off Server" ME Quarantine utility.

If anyone wants it then send an email to aahq@hotmail.com

It can sort by date, to, from, message id, RE and "Score" and has a search utility. Just share out your "Quarantine", "SMTP Incoming" and a Log share on your server, change the "setup.ini" and it is cooking with gas.

Logging has all the details of the message deleted, pulls out the PC Name and the user who "delivered" or "deleted".

As I am modifying with full blown Spam Assassin the score line will not show anything but zero for other products. This is easy to change in the VB code for your Anti Spam Solutions scoring system.

Comes with VB Source code for those who want to compile themselves.

Brett,

I will send you a copy.

Scott

dieting

Post by dieting »

But not the "TO" and "FROM" which is great for seeing spam e.g. email coming from Mulder@fbi.gov immediately gets binned on an eyeball if the subject looks legitimate.??
You can easily check out our high quality [url=http://www.vceexams.com/vce-mobile/]ccna exam collection[/url] which prepares you well for the [url=http://www.vceexams.com/vce-mobile/]examcollection 70-432[/url] You can also get success in real [url=http://www.vceexams.com/vce-mobile/]examcollection 70-680[/url] exam with the quality [url=http://www.quincy.edu/]www.quincy.edu[/url] and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Saint_Joseph_(Connecticut)]University of Saint Joseph[/url] and best of luck.

aahq

Post by aahq »

We have a much better utility that we made that runs from the workstation.

If you want send aahq@hotmail.com a message then I will send you the source code.

It has all the to, from description, score and is sortable. If you are also running an external IIS server it does a who is and puts the IP address into a connection blacklist.

Regards,

Scott