access control button too slow

Post your MailEnable suggestions here.
biznetix

access control button too slow

Post by biznetix »

I have turned on the automatically add IP address to blacklist after nn number of errors. This has resulted in a very large blacklist for me. The issue I have, is now when I try to enter into the properties page for IP Address Connection Restrictions on the SMTP properties page, it takes litterally 5- 10 minutes before the popup is available. Something seems wrong there, and the performance should be speed up for that screen.

Thanks!

nwelshans

Re: access control button too slow

Post by nwelshans »

biznetix wrote:I have turned on the automatically add IP address to blacklist after nn number of errors. This has resulted in a very large blacklist for me. The issue I have, is now when I try to enter into the properties page for IP Address Connection Restrictions on the SMTP properties page, it takes litterally 5- 10 minutes before the popup is available. Something seems wrong there, and the performance should be speed up for that screen.

Thanks!
Your question is better off in the appropriate version of mailenable you are using and not a suggestion. The performance is going to base more on the pc and the fact that the Ip's are stored in a flat text file and if its 6000 entries long its gonna take some time to parse.