ME5.11 Management Console issues

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
mwhatley

ME5.11 Management Console issues

Post by mwhatley »

We are running ME Enterprise 5.11 on a 2008 R2 64bit system with 8gb of RAM and 1.5tb of drive space. When we look at our post offices we see all the mailboxes with how much drive space (Disk Usage (kb) would be nice to be able to change that to mb) each is using but no message count from the inbox.

We are also getting a script error about "Unable to get value of the property "length": object is null or undefined" when we look at a post office root. I have tried some of the fixes mentioned for script errors like doing a re-register and a rebuild to no avail.

We are also very interested in info like last login date/time for a mailbox as well as a handy report on number of post offices and mailboxes in each post office as well as total. We charge clients by the number of mailboxes so this would be VERY handy to have at billing time.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: ME5.11 Management Console issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
We are running ME Enterprise 5.11 on a 2008 R2 64bit system with 8gb of RAM and 1.5tb of drive space. When we look at our post offices we see all the mailboxes with how much drive space (Disk Usage (kb) would be nice to be able to change that to mb) each is using but no message count from the inbox.
Please navigate within the administration console to "Messaging manger". Right click on "Messaging manager" and select properties. Under the "Administration" tab you will see a drop down menu to select the calculation methods for the mailbox message list. Set the option to "Calculate size". Close the admin console and open again for the changes to take affect.
We are also getting a script error about "Unable to get value of the property "length": object is null or undefined" when we look at a post office root. I have tried some of the fixes mentioned for script errors like doing a re-register and a rebuild to no avail.
Hmm not too sure about this one. Would probably be best lodging a support ticket for this and providing remote desktop details for the server so that a technician can emulate the problem and troubleshoot directly on the server.
We are also very interested in info like last login date/time for a mailbox as well as a handy report on number of post offices and mailboxes in each post office as well as total. We charge clients by the number of mailboxes so this would be VERY handy to have at billing time.
For last login information please review the following forum post: http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.p ... gin#p75649. As for reporting mailbox count within each post office there is no report that contains this type information in current releases. This will be looked and possibly implemented in future versions of the product.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mwhatley

Post by mwhatley »

The change to Message Admin worked fine, thanks.

May have to do the ticket for the script error. It is more annoying than anything else.

As for the last login I did all the steps in the initial setup and tried what was in the post you gave but I keep getting the error "Could not create object named "MEAOPO.Mailbox" every time I run the script Any thoughts?

The report would e most helpful to us service providers that charge by the number of mailboxes, so please consider this very strongly for the next update or maybe as a downloadable addition (since not everyone will need this).

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
May have to do the ticket for the script error. It is more annoying than anything else.
Ok, please lodge the ticket.
As for the last login I did all the steps in the initial setup and tried what was in the post you gave but I keep getting the error "Could not create object named "MEAOPO.Mailbox" every time I run the script Any thoughts?
Is the server 32 or 64bit? If 64bit then you need to run cscript as 32bit. More information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896456
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I, too, would love for (in the desktop administration) the ability to look at the bottom and see something that says XX Mailboxes. That also would help me at billing. I suggested this idea a couple of years ago and would still like to see this feature.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!