Shared Contacts

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
djanjic

Shared Contacts

Post by djanjic »

Hello,

we are running ME Enterprise Premium 6.5. We host many domains/post offices for our clients. Some of our them are asking if they can create shared contacts list for all their users so it will be available in Outlook for all of them (master contact list). I have researched this forum for this topic and can only find some postings back in 2004. Is there any documentation on how to set this up in ME?

Dusan

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Shared Contacts

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Enterprise premium provides the option of using the MailEnable Outlook MAPI connector for synchronization of a postoffices global address book. Therefore you could instruct the clients that require access to the global address book and have them install the MailEnable Outlook MAPI connector. As the administrator of the MailEnable server you can add member addresses to the global address book within the administration console under: Messaging manager > Post offices > (Postoffice name) > directory which also provides an importing option by right clicking on "Directory" and selecting all tasks > import.
https://www.mailenable.com/documentatio ... ctory.html

The clients also have the ability to publish their contact details to the global address book within the web mail interface.
https://www.mailenable.com/documentatio ... tails.html

Once you have added members to the global address book you will be able select this as option within the Outlook address book via the MAPI connector.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

"Once you have added members to the global address book you will be able select this as option within the Outlook address book via the MAPI connector"

OK we have done this and published few contacts in the global directory. These contacts are visible in webmail interface but or the life of me I cannot find it in Outlook MAPI client. Can you point me how to display those contacts in Outlook 2010 or 2007 for example? Thanks"

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

disregard my previous post I found it in Outlook 2010. Sorry.

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

OK we are now at the biggest problem of it all. Is there a way in which individual users can publish contacts in global address book via MAPI client. It is a problem for us and for them to use import feature. Honestly the format for importing the file is quite cumbersome 25 fields is bound to produce mistakes.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

No they can only publish their own contact to the Global address list through the web mail interface.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

The problem is that our ME admin web interface quit working after one of the upgrades and we cannot grant them access to it. We never opened a trouble ticket for it and now we are paying for that mistake.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Can you provide detail on the problem with the web administration interface? What is the errors presented in the browser when you access the interface?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

djanjic

Post by djanjic »

We have opened the ticket with help desk and the issue has been resolved. I will post the fix once I receive more detail from our administrator.