Setting standards for new postoffices

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sindrehi

Setting standards for new postoffices

Post by sindrehi »

Hi,

When I create a new postoffice I want the standard to be quota settings per postoffice. Is this possible, or is it not because there is not created a emailaccount on the postoffice yet to receive notifications?

Another thing is that I have activated greylisting per emailaccount. But it should be activated as standard. I know that this is a field to edit when I click on configure mailbox defaults. But for some reason I have to click on configure mailbox defaults and save before creating the first emailaccount, if not greylisting is not activated as default.

Anyone got some tips for me on this issues?

Regards,

Sindre HIåsen

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Setting standards for new postoffices

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly what version of MailEnable Enterprise are you referring to?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sindrehi

Post by sindrehi »

HI,,

Thanks for answer. We are up to date with the latest version (7.09).

Regards

Pål Sindre Hiåsen

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The latest version is 7.50 so you may want to look into upgrading as it contains fixes you need to apply to MailEnable core services.
When I create a new postoffice I want the standard to be quota settings per postoffice. Is this possible, or is it not because there is not created a emailaccount on the postoffice yet to receive notifications?
For the post office usage notification option where you can be notified when a certain size has been reached of the total amount of mailbox usage, there is no way to enable automatically when creating anew post office. This needs to be set manually as it requires setting a valid mailbox to be notified.
Another thing is that I have activated greylisting per emailaccount. But it should be activated as standard. I know that this is a field to edit when I click on configure mailbox defaults. But for some reason I have to click on configure mailbox defaults and save before creating the first emailaccount, if not greylisting is not activated as default.
If you have set the SMTP "Greylisting" option to "Greylisting is determined by post office" then under the post office properties "Feature selection" tab you need to set the greylisting option to "Greylisting is enabled for all mailboxes".
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sindrehi

Post by sindrehi »

Hi,

I have set the defaults on post office to smtp greylist = 2. This is working. So all new postoffices created get smtp greylisting per mailbox.

My problem is mailbox defaults.

If I create first a new postoffice.
Then I directly create a mailbox, this mailbox dont get greylisting. To activate the mailbox defaults, I first hav e to click on mailbox defaults, then save, without editing because everything is correct.
Then next mailbox get greylisting as it should.

What I need is to not need this click on mailbox defaults to activate the defaults before creating the first mailbox.

I upgraded to last version also. Dont understand why mailenable didnt notify about this update as it should.

Regards Sindre

sindrehi

Post by sindrehi »

Hi,

I have set the defaults on post office to smtp greylist = 2. This is working. So all new postoffices created get smtp greylisting per mailbox.

My problem is mailbox defaults.

If I create first a new postoffice.
Then I directly create a mailbox, this mailbox dont get greylisting. To activate the mailbox defaults, I first hav e to click on mailbox defaults, then save, without editing because everything is correct.
Then next mailbox get greylisting as it should.

What I need is to not need this click on mailbox defaults to activate the defaults before creating the first mailbox.

I upgraded to last version also. Dont understand why mailenable didnt notify about this update as it should.

Regards Sindre

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Ok but if you require that all mailboxes in the post office require grey listing then why don't you just set the option under the post office properties "Feature selection" tab (within the greylisting dropdown menu) to "Greylisting is enabled for all mailboxes" since all mailboxes require this and not rely on the mailbox defaults?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

sindrehi

Post by sindrehi »

Hi,

We had it like that. Because when we set up new postoffices, the owners/users want to do as little as possible to activate services. But then we got some customers that really dont want greylistings. Then we had to change so it is possible to deactivate for some mailboxes, but we still think it should be default set to activated.
So all that works now, but as I said we have to click on mailbox defaults, and save after creating a new postoffice, to activate the mailbox defaults for that postoffice. And it is possible to forget to do this, and then the mailboxes created on this postoffice will not get greylistings.

Regards,

Pål Sindre Hiåsen