[ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired occasional error

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
stanley

[ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired occasional error

Post by stanley »

I am using MailEnable Enterprise Edition version 6.53 and our configurations are stored in a MS SQL SERVER 2008 R3 database. We are experiencing an occasional error where MailEnable seems to be unable to connect to the database. The symptoms of this is that when we have a group e-mail address defined and MailEnable tries to deliver the message to the group members, sometimes it gives an error that the email address is not available on the system, even though that address does exist. I have investigated the Windows Event Logs and found an event 10000 error with the following information included in the event:

MailEnable Database Provider error: 0
FAILURE: (SQLDriverConnect), Module: MEIMAPS.exe; Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired

When this event occurs, I get a bounce-back email from MailEnabled:

Message could not be delivered. Error was: The email address is not available on this system

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

[SF:mydomain.com/my_username]

And when I look in the MailEnable log files I see:
Message to (FADC73D3C04C42FEA99DBEC1259B0035.MAI) could not be delivered because the Postoffice (mydomain.com) has been disabled by the system administrator

Upon a subsequent retry sending the message it works. So looking at all this it seems like somehow MailEnable's connection to the SQL Server Database gets "stale" which means that a mailbox cannot be found the moment after it went "stale". But then the connection "wakes up" again somehow and subsequent e-mails all work fine.

How do I solve this?

SomeRandomDude

Re: [ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired occasional error

Post by SomeRandomDude »

I'm experiencing the same issue. I hadn't correlated the "Email address not available on this system" with the SQL errors previously. Thank you for that.

This thread is pretty old, but did you happen to find the source of your problem?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: [ODBC SQL Server Driver]Timeout expired occasional error

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
I'm experiencing the same issue. I hadn't correlated the "Email address not available on this system" with the SQL errors previously. Thank you for that.

This thread is pretty old, but did you happen to find the source of your problem?
What version of MailEnable Enterprise do you have running?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support