Enforce TLS for specific Domains

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sheikhatif

Enforce TLS for specific Domains

Post by sheikhatif »

Hello,

We have relationships with some banks that are trying to implement some secure email. Is there any method that would force the server to send emails via TLS when sending email to a specific domain?

We basically need to require that an email be secure from
user -> mail server
and from
mail server -> bank's server.

I'm not entirely familiar with what happens after the email leaves my email program. If I send a message over TLS or SSL outgoing connection, does the email leave the mail server also over a secure connection? I have no problem implementing TLS from the client to the mail server. It's after it gets to the mail server that I am unclear on.

I am using Mailenable Enterprise 8

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Enforce TLS for specific Domains

Post by Admin »

Hi,

MailEnable has an option under the SMTP Outbound settings called "Send using TLS if remote server supports it". If the remote server advertises TLS the message will be sent securely from your server to the remote one. You can enable this and it will work for all domains. There is not a way to force it to send securely unless the remote server indicates it supports it (by returning STARTTLS in response to the EHLO SMTP command).

CharlesFirth

Post by CharlesFirth »

I also need this feature, pretty badly.
Currently running Enterprise 8.6 - any idea if 9.05 supports it? I've seen forum posts dating back to 2011 with people asking for this feature, and I'm guessing ME isn't super interested in providing it. :(

adz

Post by adz »

Does MailEnable check 465/25 for TLS