Global Calendar in ME Enterprise

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
MarkM

Global Calendar in ME Enterprise

Post by MarkM »

Good Day,

I have been trying to find out how we can have a global calendar for the company that would have Holidays, Conferences, company events on them and everyone in the post office can see them as well as their individual appointments and scheduled events. Is this even possible with ME?

For reference, most of us in this small company use Outlook with the MAPI connector for ME, but some only access through the web connection. Thank you for any assistance with this.

Mark

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Global Calendar in ME Enterprise

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

One way is to create a mailbox named "shared calendar". Once created the mailbox you can then login to the mailbox via web mail and share out the mailboxes calendar to "everyone" with read-rights. Once you have the share created each mailbox can then connect to the share via web mail or the MAPI connector.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Thank you for the reply. You said to give everyone read rights, but can you assign several people to have wright as well so that they can update the calendar with events. One would be updating company meetings, another would be inputting conferences, etc.

Mark M.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes just add to the share calendar the rights for the specific mailboxes that require full access.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Thank you for the information Ian,

What we were trying to do was to mimic what can happen in applications like Google calendar where you can see the holiday schedule, created by someone else, on your calendar (but maybe in a different color). We do not want them to have a separate calendar from their own and have to mentally overlap the two. We are on Enterprise Premium v8.03 and will be upgrading the 8.51 here shortly. Thanks again for the information.

Mark M.