8.55 Enterprise - SSL cert not showing in the list

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
thtanner

8.55 Enterprise - SSL cert not showing in the list

Post by thtanner » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:35 am

After much trial and tribulation, I was able to get my first wildcard certificate working on the server. I am now adding a second domain and another SSL certificate, and I can not get the cert to show up in the dropdown to select it.

I have IIS using the cert successfully. IME_SYSTEM has full control over the MachineKeys directory as well as the registry key indicated in the help.

I removed and re-imported the certificate, verified permissions etc. MailEnable refuses to populate it in the list. It shows right up under IIS. I'm confident it is not a permission issue unless there is another directory or registry key I need to edit permissions for? It's driving me insane - SSL and MailEnable are not fun to work with.

Any help is appreciated. Win Server 2008 R2 (x64), MailEnable 8.55 Enterprise, MySQL datastore. First wildcard cert finally worked after a rain dance, but I can't reproduce the rain dance for this cert.

frontdist

Re: 8.55 Enterprise - SSL cert not showing in the list

Post by frontdist » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:14 am

This is as far as I got...

http://forum.mailenable.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27591

I take it you're trying to enable SSL for your email clients to be able to use IMAP or SMTP over SSL 993/465?

thtanner

Re: 8.55 Enterprise - SSL cert not showing in the list

Post by thtanner » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:05 am

Correct. I have it working on one domain, but I was going to add another via Postoffice IP bindings (I have multiple IPs on this box). No worries there, except the SSL certificate just doesn't show up on the list no matter what. It took days of messing with it the first time to get it to work, but I swear I repeated all of my steps, permissions are fine, the cert works fine in IIS, etc, just will not show up in ME. I'm hoping to deploy this server on Friday so I'd love to resolve this.