List Server Commands

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
dunc

List Server Commands

Post by dunc » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:47 pm

ME Ent 8.52 - when list members submit an e-mail with either "help" or "help?" in subject line, all they receive is shown below. The ME documentation does not say what commands are supported either.

My fundamental question is whether a moderator or sysadmin can get a list of current subscribers without bothering me to use the ME MMC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MailEnable: You have requested help in posting to the list (mail@xxxx.org).

You can specify list commands in the subject of mail messages you send to the list.

This list supports the following commands:
help? This command sends a list command help message back to the user.

Important: This list does not allow subscriptions using the subscribe command.

Some lists may be password protected. To post to these lists you must have been sent the password by the list owner or moderator.
You should send the password encapsulated between square braces and a colon in the subject line. Example: [:password:].
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: List Server Commands

Post by MailEnable-Ian » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:26 am

Hi,

ADMIN or SYSADMIN users can login via web administration and navigate to the "lists" page. Locate the list and click edit. Under the "General" you can list current subscribed members.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

dunc

Re: List Server Commands

Post by dunc » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:25 pm

The Admin's GUI for list members only shows three addresses at a time. They are not sorted. This makes it very cumbersome to maintain, like finding a current subscriber address. Can you add the ability for a credentials Admin to download the subscriber list? Or at least display the list sorted alphabetically?

I still want to know what the "help" command is supposed to do, and what commands, other that subscribe and unsubscribe, are supported.