Whitlisting and Blacklisted IPs

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
MartynK

Whitlisting and Blacklisted IPs

Post by MartynK »

I have an ISP that has multiple MX records for sending emails from multiple domains.

On a regular basis one or more of its IP's get blacklisted on one or more IP blacklists.

The issue I have is that a number of people who now complain that they are not getting email from their customers.

What I need to do is leave the IP blocks in place but still enable email from certain domains that the ISP is hosting.

Is there anyway I can somehow whitelist these domains on a blacklisted IP.

Seeing as the ISP is so well known for SPAM I cannot just whitelist the ISP's IPs as I would get swamped.

Anyone with any ideas ?

MartynK

Re: Whitlisting and Blacklisted IPs

Post by MartynK »

I dont like bumping topics, but I am getting hammered with this.

Anyone from MailEnable got any bright ideas, I dont want to switch off the blacklists I use, but its getting that way.

rfwilliams777

Re: Whitlisting and Blacklisted IPs

Post by rfwilliams777 »

You can whitelist it in ME; however, if that provider is frequently getting on blacklists, then those who are hosted with that provider need to move to another provider to avoid being on blacklists. Additionally, it may take more than moving to a different hosting provider as their domain's reputation may be bad. But that is all that can be done. That is why choosing the right hosting provider is important and a provider that will help its customers and kick out the spammers.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!