SSL Questions

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
Ehenzel1978

SSL Questions

Post by Ehenzel1978 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

I am going to be getting an SSL cert in the near future, and I had some questions since I have never configured one before.

1. I have one domain that handles my mail server and webmail site, mail.company.com and mail.company.com/webmail, can I use one certificate for both? Or do I have to have separate SSLs' for mail and webmail? I have seen conflicting indicators on this.

2. On my webmail, I have 2 domains that are accessed through the one address, company.com and mail.company.com. Since all the users for both domains log into the same site, mail.company.com/webmail, do I have to have 2 SSL's or will it work with one?

3. I also have EAS setup on the mail.company.com domain, do I have to have a third for that as well?

My webmail and Active Sync are only installed on one website in IIS, the mail.company.com site, but for everything I have have read about SSL's and IIS some places say that you have to have one for each site, and others say you have to have one for each domain. I do have the second site setup on my IIS, but I only use it for an informational website that nothing is sent to or downloaded from, so I don't need it to be a secured site.

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.
Eric Henzel
IT Department
Leather Italia USA