Contacts disappeared after v9 update

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
iltera

Contacts disappeared after v9 update

Post by iltera »

Before the upgrade (from 8.60 Enterprise Premium) all the contacts could be seen on webmail. After the upgrade, all the contacts from all the accounts are disappeared. VCF files are still on the server, though. When I examine a specific account which has contacts, I see that the _index.xml file is 1kb (empty) and the _index.xml.bak contains all the information I need. I rename the .bak file and replace the _index.xml file with it. Logout, login back but nothing changes. Try to import the vcf files, upload succeeds but again, no show on webmail. I exported a new contact from Outlook 2013 and imported that one, the same... Deleting the index files doesn't rebuild a new index. Folder stays the same no matter how many logouts & logins I make.

Lastly, I tried deleting all and create new contacts and examined what's happening on the contacts folder. That was also a shoker. Nothing happens, no vcf files created, no xmls, contacts folder stays empty no matter how many clients I create. That brings up the question. What's changed in the new version and where is the new contacts data stored?

Some of my clients only use webmail and they have many contacts on their account. I need to find a quick way to solve this issue.

@Ian, I hope you see this and respond quickly.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Contacts disappeared after v9 update

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Firstly upgrade to version 8.61 available on our downloads page. If this does not help then the next step is to lodge a support ticket and provide credentials for the mailbox exhibiting the behavior along with server access so we can inspect the MailEnable permission settings.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support