Single Threaded?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
sgirard

Single Threaded?

Post by sgirard »

Is mailenable a completely single-threaded application? I have been experiencing performance issues lately and finally did some performance monitoring, and all the IIS processes go into a single pool that is single threaded, and my processor cores do not seem to be helping much. I could add a second processor and double my cores, but I am not sure as it stands, that we would see much relief.

What I am wondering is, is this my configuration that is poorly set up, or inherent to the application? I have not spent much time performance tuning the application, so it could be me, but everything should be default as it is now, and so I wanted to check to see if this was by design.

Any ideas? Documentation talks a lot about disk I/O but not processor core distribution.

rfwilliams777

Re: Single Threaded?

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I will admit to you that going from a 32-bit to a 64-bit system and OS makes a major performance difference and more stable.
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

gxavier.bh

Re: Single Threaded?

Post by gxavier.bh »

I had this problem with Mcafee antivirus. After move to f-prot, my problems of single thread was gone.