sending mail from websites fail

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
momzeycom

sending mail from websites fail

Post by momzeycom »

Websites on other servers in the network could send mail with no problem with using the MailEnable instace as the SMTP server.
Suddenly is stopped working this is the error I am getting back:

"Message:User not local; please try a different path. The server response was: This mail server requires authentication before sending mail from a locally hosted domain. Please reconfigure your mail client to authenticate before sending mail."

StackTrace:

at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.CheckResponse(SmtpStatusCode statusCode, String response)
at System.Net.Mail.MailCommand.Send(SmtpConnection conn, Byte[] command, MailAddress from, Boolean allowUnicode)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
at DotNetNuke.Services.Mail.Mail.SendMailInternal(MailMessage mailMessage, String subject, String body, MailPriority priority, MailFormat bodyFormat, Encoding bodyEncoding, IEnumerable`1 attachments, String smtpServer, String smtpAuthentication, String smtpUsername, String smtpPassword, Boolean smtpEnableSSL)

I must have made some changes that caused it to now fail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Happy New Year.

cfdynamics

Re: sending mail from websites fail

Post by cfdynamics »

You can resolve that by adding the IPs of your webservers to the list of "Privledged IPs" under the relay tab of the SMTP service
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

momzeycom

Re: sending mail from websites fail

Post by momzeycom »

I'll check it, I swear it was working before I made changes. I don't remember changing that. But then, if I did remember i wouldn't be lost in space. Thanks