what is your opinion

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
natalie4writing

what is your opinion

Post by natalie4writing »

Hello,

I have a project to update the whole IT infrastructure of my organization https://www.5staressays.com About 300 users with old platforms such as Windows 2000 and 2003 servers, Exchange 2003.

I have a plan to upgrade hardware and 2000/2003s. That leaves email. And very little budget. Exchange + CALs - "too expensive". Same thing with O365/GSuite (BTW, they don't really care about Office). So I've started looking for alternatives and found MailEnable - the pricing looks nice. Or at least within the budget. And it has all the stuff my higher management would like to have.

What is your opinion that is this plan good to go or should I find some other alternatives?

cfdynamics

Re: what is your opinion

Post by cfdynamics »

Been using Mailenable since version 8 (just looked at our purchase history and realized it been since version 4.) It works great and the system is very easy to configure and maintain. Very flexible and easy to expand if needed. Updates and improvements come from their developers very regularly. We have very few problems that are not just user based configuration issues.

You can run a single server using the standard or professional versions or scale as large as you need with the enterprise and premium versions. We run in a clustered enterprise premium environment with a high availability SQL server and a fully replicated and redundant postoffice and configuration storage systems.

In my opinion, unless you have management insisting on O365 or the G-Suite stuff, you can't go wrong with Mailenable.
Last edited by cfdynamics on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

Garre

Re: what is your opinion

Post by Garre »

We have been using MailEnable since 2006, for a small business and for a number of non-profit domains on a single server. I have upgraded with several generations of windows servers and hardware and we are presently using the latest version of Mailenable on a windows 2016 server. There are a number of open source and paid options available to support MailEnable.

I would have to agree with Kent, and say that MailEnable has worked well for us over the years and I can strongly recommend it.

Garre Biladeau
Smarter Process