Receive mail from only one source?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jglazer

Receive mail from only one source?

Post by jglazer »

I have a couple postoffices that should only receive email from a specific SMTP server. Is it possible to configure the system to only allow mail from that server to be accepted for a couple specific postoffices? This is a spam situation and the SMTP server in question is their filter.

Thanks!

Plamen

Re: Receive mail from only one source?

Post by Plamen »

This post is very interesting.
In our case the users (400+) are exposed to a lot of spam but we manage to filter most of it.
In most domains we have the mx10 our anti spam server and the mx20 Mailenable. In some domains I have tried to leave only mx10(spamfilter) and reduce some spam attacks.

I would also like to know if we can configure that mailenable that accepts incoming mail only from the IP of the antispam server.

I have seen a post mentioning to activate the option SMTP>Advanced SMTP> "Inbound Authentication" and verify that the IP of our spamfilter is already authorized in SMTP> Relay>Privileged IP's.

(https://www.mailenable.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16271)

Forgive my bad English, I used the translator. I hope I have explained myself well

cfdynamics

Post by cfdynamics »

SMTP settings > inbound tab. Change to Denied access Except for those listed below and add your spam filter IP to the list.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

jglazer

Post by jglazer »

Unfortunately changing the the "denied access except" effects the whole server. Many postoffices don't have a spam-catch server so they have to be able to get mail from everywhere.