Webmail filter updates

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
cfdynamics

Webmail filter updates

Post by cfdynamics »

It seems there is an issue in webmail when editing an existing filter.

Customer reported:
"If I create a new rule that searches the subject line for “turning it off” and move it to the ToDo folder, then send an email with that phrase in it, it works. However, if I edit the rule by adding or removing a word from the phrase, it won’t work even though the phrase is in the subject. It’s almost as if the edit function doesn’t save properly.

In the meantime, I can just delete a rule and recreate it whenever I need to edit, but I was hoping you knew of a better way to put these rules at the server level."

I tested the process and discovered there seems to be other issues as well. Created a rule looking for a phrase in the subject and triggered it to prefix the subject with "[test rule 1 triggered]". After creating the rule I verified the format and data in the server GUI. sent a test message and all worked as expected. Edited the rule by just changing the "Message Subject Contains" field in webmail interface. sent a test massage and discovered that the prefix had been modified to this: "[SMTP:[test rule 1 triggered]]" even though no changed had been made during the update.

Using the server GUI I can make the same changes to filters and don't have problems with random changes to the data entered.
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.

cfdynamics

Re: Webmail filter updates

Post by cfdynamics »

can anybody else confirm this issue?
Kent Runyan
CFDynamics.com
Providing World Class Hosting Solutions for over two decades.