SmartHosting ignored for authenticated relay / Disabled accounts still active?

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
whodkne

SmartHosting ignored for authenticated relay / Disabled accounts still active?

Post by whodkne »

Two for one question.

We have Smart Hosts setup on the a server (10.27) for some domains. We have some ranges of IP addresses which are allowed relay (whitelisted) without auth. It seems that when a message is sent to the SMTP server without authentication (I'm thinking this is the issue) the smart hosting does not kick in. In other words, the mail was delivered directly to the recipient server instead of being sent from MailEnable to the smart host. Normal email works fine for this. A lot going on here so maybe I am missing something but this seems to be the circumstance.

The other issue I am seeing, unrelated, is that when I disable a domain and/or mailbox the server still acts as though it knows the mailbox is local and has delivery issues (like the ol "local domain needs authentication". The DNS does not point to MailEnable, the domain is disabled. The only way I can bypass this it seems is to delete the domain. Ideally I would not want to do this as I am migrating and this is a good way to keep old accounts around until I am sure we are done with them on the old server.

Thanks!