Delivery Restrictions Question

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
privateland

Delivery Restrictions Question

Post by privateland »

I am trying to configure SMTP to cater for a client who sends broadcast mails about once a month to around 2000 recipients.
Probably my lack of comprehension but I have a few questions about the hourly and recipient restrictions for emails.

1. Does the SMTP Security settings for (A) "Restrict the number of recipients per email" and (B) "Limit number of recipients per hour to" refer to server-wide, or PostOffice level?

2. Do those settings override settings at Postoffice and Mailbox level?

3. I would like to restrict all mailboxes on the server to the values of 50 and 300 for (A)and (B) respctively - except for one mailbox where I would like the limits to be 2000 and 3000. Is this possible?

4. Finally, if the limits are over-ridden currently, an error is returned to the sending mailbox. Is it possible to simply queue anything over limit (B)?

I realise that these may be naive requests, and I really have tried to find solutions online before annoying anyone with this request.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks in advance
John

privateland

Re: Delivery Restrictions Question

Post by privateland »

Anyone?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,
1. Does the SMTP Security settings for (A) "Restrict the number of recipients per email" and (B) "Limit number of recipients per hour to" refer to server-wide, or PostOffice level?
The restrictions set within the SMTP security tab are global. Therefore if these are set and and there are no restrictions set at the postoffice level or the mailbox level it will it use the global setting.
2. Do those settings override settings at Postoffice and Mailbox level?
No. If there are restrictions set at the postoffice level or mailbox level it will use those first and then fall back to the global setting.
3. I would like to restrict all mailboxes on the server to the values of 50 and 300 for (A)and (B) respctively - except for one mailbox where I would like the limits to be 2000 and 3000. Is this possible?
Yes. Set the option globally and then set one for the specific mailbox.
4. Finally, if the limits are over-ridden currently, an error is returned to the sending mailbox. Is it possible to simply queue anything over limit (B)?
No there is no option for this.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

privateland

Post by privateland »

Thanks Ian
Appreciate the reply

Regards
John