Cannot Send/Receive email - Brand New Server on AWS.

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
naikmanish

Cannot Send/Receive email - Brand New Server on AWS.

Post by naikmanish »

Greetings,

I have been using mailenable for a while now and have also implemented it for many of my clients too. But this one installation has me stumped. I believe I am missing some very small thing, but after going around in circles for a day, I thought I request someone to break my line of thinking.

I have installed a MailEnable Enterprise edition on AWS, N.Virginia Region. Windows 2019. T3a.Medium Instance.
I have put a dropbox link to the MeDiag File so that the entire configuration can be reviewed. Link to the file.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i1pyosn6v26547s/MEDIAG.HTML?dl=0

DNS is configured, SPF, DKIM, SRV records, etc. All configured which can be seen in the above file.
The only thing pending from AWS side is rDNS. I have already sent them an email and they should do it in 24-72 hours.

Now the Problem.

When I send an email from Yahoo, Gmail, or a mailenable email server also, it gives the following error.
MailEnable: Message could not be delivered to some recipients.
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
Recipient: [SMTP:admin@mailservices.business]
Reason: 551 This mail server requires authentication before sending mail from a locally hosted domain. Please reconfigure your mail client to authenticate before sending mail.

OR

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
<admin@mailservices.business>:
503: This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

When I send from this server to Yahoo, Gmail or any other mail server, it gives me this error.

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.
Message is waiting at mailservices.business for delivery to mta5.am0.yahoodns.net.
The message will be retried for another 30 hours.
Reason: Mail server for yahoo.com could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress

I have tried to Telnet with port 25, to the server. It works just fine. In fact you can try it too, it works fine.
If you see in the Diag files also, there are a couple of errors and 3 emails waiting in the SMTP queue too.
Could you shed some light and help please ?

Let me know if you want the logs, I can dropbox the logs too.

Thank you so much

Warm Regards

Manish Naik

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Cannot Send/Receive email - Brand New Server on AWS.

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The error "551 This mail server requires authentication before sending mail from a locally hosted domain. Please reconfigure your mail client to authenticate before sending mail.", means that your trying to send from a locally hosted address to a locally hosted address on your server and have not authenticated. The option that in enforcing this is the SMTP "Address Spoofing" option. Please see: https://www.mailenable.com/kb/content/article.asp?ID=ME020032

For the error when sending to Yahoo, Gmail servers, (Reason: Mail server for yahoo.com could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.), have you tried to telnet from the sending server to the Yahoo MX records to see if you can establish a connection? Have you inspected the SMTP log files for detailed information about the failure?
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

naikmanish

Post by naikmanish »

Greetings Ian,

Thank you for the quick turnaround!

Ok. As I said earlier, there must be some small mistake, because I have configured tens of MailEnable servers and that is what was frustrating me! Where was I going wrong.

Turns out, I was not going wrong, the domain guy had made a mistake in the MX record and it kept going to some other server! The problem got solved and your message arrived almost simultaneously. I think it was destined to be solved at this time :)

Also, the rDNS configuration got done a couple of hours ago.

Both send and receive is working perfectly fine now.

Thank you again

Warm Regards

Manish Naik

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Glad it was sorted.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support