ASSP Email Interface Configuration with mailenable

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
imsdk

ASSP Email Interface Configuration with mailenable

Post by imsdk »

I am trying to setup ASSP

everything is working fine but I cannot set up spam/nospam address/alias

I do not installed active directory ? do I need a active directory just for adding these address ?

I am using mailenable stnd. with ASSP

Thanks

imsdk

Post by imsdk »

Can ASSP work on a workgroup
we do not have AD

Thanks

edokter

Post by edokter »

ASSP works as a transparent proxy that sits in front of your mail server. You do not need to set up the spam/notspam addresses because ASSP will automatically catch them. It also does not require AD.

jprost

Post by jprost »

ASSP is not a transparent proxy...tho it is a proxy. To be transparent it would actually forward the email message with no alteration to the Received headers. For any message passing through ASSP there will be one additional hop added to the Received headers.

This is, for the most part, inconsequential. However, in the case of greylisting with ME this certainly does have an impact upon the tuplets. The ip address is now the ASSP ip (usually 127.0.0.1 if on the same box).

To answer your question about workgroup's, it has hooks to communicate with LDAP and therefore could integrate with a backend LDAP solution that worked with Workgroups, AD, etc. Edokter is correct tho, in that ASSP does not require it to work well. Local user validation is something that you can take advantage of or leave disabled depending upon your implementation.

thanx...
jason...