MXScan for Mailenable (AntiVirus and AntiSpam Plugin)

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
polarisie

New Version 1.8.500 release

Post by polarisie »

We are pleased to announce the release of our latest MxScan PRO version 1.8.500 installer. Additional details can be found on the main site.

One of the major highlights for this version is the introduction of the new SPAMTRAP/Honeypot module. This allows you to setup your own spamtrap IP blacklist

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

trusnock

mxscan-Archive.mdb file very large and severely fragmented

Post by trusnock »

Hello,
We have been using the Archiving feature for a few months on a handful of domains to see how it works. I noticed today that the \data\mxscan-Archive.mdb file is now 2GB in size and contains 26,600 fragments.

I'm assuming this file is just the index for message archiving. We haven't been using the indexing feature lately, so I think it would be OK to just clear the file. Would that be safe? Do you have any advice? (should we just shut down, delete, restart MxScan?).

Thanks,
-Tom

trusnock

Post by trusnock »

I neglected to mention that we've tried the "Purge" feature in Index Management and it just sits there for hours. I'm wondering if the mdb file has gotten too big, or if it has hit a 2GB limit and the program is no longer able to deal with it.
Thanks,
-Tom

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

trusnock wrote:I neglected to mention that we've tried the "Purge" feature in Index Management and it just sits there for hours. I'm wondering if the mdb file has gotten too big, or if it has hit a 2GB limit and the program is no longer able to deal with it.
Thanks,
-Tom
Hi Tom

You can stop MXscan

1. Then Manually open up the DB and purge the tables
2. Rename the DB and replace with a fresh DB. Just drop me an email and i can send you a fresh copy of the db

Cheers
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com

polarisie

New Release 1.8.610 now available.

Post by polarisie »

We have just released a new version 1.8.610 for MxScan Lite and Professional available for download from our website

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

polarisie

New Release 1.8.620

Post by polarisie »

We are pleased to announce the release of our latest MxScan PRO version 1.8.620 installer. Additional details and release notes can be found on the main site.

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

trusnock

Re: MXScan for Mailenable (AntiVirus and AntiSpam Plugin)

Post by trusnock »

Hello,
I noticed that the RDNS Blacklist monitor feature sends email from "noreply@mxscan" which our mail server rejects as an invalid address. I can't see anywhere to change this address. Am I just missing something?
-Tom R.

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

trusnock wrote:Hello,
I noticed that the RDNS Blacklist monitor feature sends email from "noreply@mxscan" which our mail server rejects as an invalid address. I can't see anywhere to change this address. Am I just missing something?
-Tom R.
Tom

This is hardcoded at the moment. The next major release will allow you the ability to change this

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

polarisie

New Major Version 2.0.100 release

Post by polarisie »

We are pleased to announce the release of our latest MxScan for Mailenable version 2.0.100 installer. Additional details can be found on the main site.

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

polarisie

New Minor Release 2.1.100

Post by polarisie »

We are pleased to announce the release of our latest MxScan for Mailenable version 2.1.100 installer for the Lite and Professional version. Additional details can be found on the main site.

This release fixes an issue with multiple instances of SpamD and also includes the latest build 0.96.1 of ClamAV

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

arnaud

What about MXScan and Greylisting?

Post by arnaud »

We have just installed MXscan Pro plugin on our Entreprise 4.23 ME.
We previously heavily relied on the greylisting option of ME to kill incoming spam traffic, and I just wondered if there were any issue regarding using MXscan and greylisting at the same time. It is by the way not clear for me what is the priority order between the two filters. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.
Best
Arnaud

polarisie

Re: What about MXScan and Greylisting?

Post by polarisie »

arnaud wrote:We have just installed MXscan Pro plugin on our Entreprise 4.23 ME.
We previously heavily relied on the greylisting option of ME to kill incoming spam traffic, and I just wondered if there were any issue regarding using MXscan and greylisting at the same time. It is by the way not clear for me what is the priority order between the two filters. Any clarification on this would be appreciated.
Best
Arnaud
Greylisting which occurs on the SMTP session should have priority over MTA Events. And there should not be any issues with having both enabled as they both work slightly differently

1. Greylisting checks occur first. The message is dropped during SMTP session
2. After Message the message has been delivered (after greylisting) then mailEnable MTA event (MxScan) gets called

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

arnaud

Post by arnaud »

Dear Polarisie,
thanks for this answer. We are running MXscan for several days and it appears to do its job very well. Thanks for providing a simple, efficient and evolutive software...
A question: the syntax for the expressions in the content filter looks quite elaborate, including special chars (/,?etc) and I cant find any guide to use them. Could you point me to a reference page ?

I would also like to add some cosmetic points to the wishing list for next releases...
1) an email account daily report
2) in the log viewer, color code settings for virus, and stat infos by domain...
not strategic, just confort...
Best
arnaud

polarisie

Post by polarisie »

arnaud wrote:Dear Polarisie,
thanks for this answer. We are running MXscan for several days and it appears to do its job very well. Thanks for providing a simple, efficient and evolutive software...
A question: the syntax for the expressions in the content filter looks quite elaborate, including special chars (/,?etc) and I cant find any guide to use them. Could you point me to a reference page ?

I would also like to add some cosmetic points to the wishing list for next releases...
1) an email account daily report
2) in the log viewer, color code settings for virus, and stat infos by domain...
not strategic, just confort...
Best
arnaud

Hi

The regular expression are your standard regex. Just do a google search. However, this is normally for advanced users as an incorrectly coded regex could cause issues

As for your wish lists, points noted.

Cheers
Visit www.mxuptime.com

quantuml

Post by quantuml »

i am trying lite version of mxscan and i have experienced losing mails. when i look smtp debug transaction message successfully received but tracing message log shows like this

Result: [9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D.MAI] was not routed from the SMTP inbound message queue by the local MTA Service. This most likely means that the message was not completely recieved by the connector.
Important: Message ID [9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D.MAI] does not seem to have been routed through MailEnable queues (an error most likely occured when receiving this message).

i am using only virus scan spam filter is not enabled. mxlog shows this.

19:20:17 9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D_ --> Start Scan for xxx.com (VirusCheck=True, GlobalSpam/FilterCheck=False)
19:20:17 9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D_ IncomingIP = 161.51.8.52
19:20:18 9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D_ ClamAV Scan Result : Clean
19:20:18 9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D_ Completed in 1 sec(s) with FilterResult=BYPASS
19:20:18 9DE5592C40D84691BE2A2D8764911E1D_ Global [AntiSpam & Content Filtering] has been Disabled.

but after scan mta doesnt route to message to post office connector.

any idea?