mxscan not scanning a specific box

Discussion, support and announcements for third party applications that work with MailEnable.
tekmunki

mxscan not scanning a specific box

Post by tekmunki »

Went so far as to fresh install, and still ran into this same issue...

Make a mailbox named testbox ; scanning works fine
Make a mailbox named tekmunki ; scanning fails

What would stop MXSCAN from scanning a specific mailbox? Is it related to the fact the mailbox name is the same as the domain? ie; tekmunki@tekmunki.com

It literally will work on any mailbox created, including the postmaster box; unless I name it tekmunki.

tekmunki

Re: mxscan not scanning a specific box

Post by tekmunki »

FWIW:

Found the problem; a second install of mailenable (older version) still resided on the server... it was hidden and service-renamed (and infected); I removed the old instance and the v4 version started immediately picking up and handling the mail, including the MTA scanning plugin.

It so happened that I had the old email still forwarding to the same place in the old version; so it was the only mailbox affected- it was however odd that the same smtp service was being controlled by two versions of ME; similar function calls I guess. Regardless- after a day of troubleshooting- it's working superbly.

polarisie

Re: mxscan not scanning a specific box

Post by polarisie »

Glad you managed to work that out.

Its always nice to see users attempts to solve their issues in a logical and detailed manner.

Cheers
MXSCAN :: AntiSpam & AntiVirus for MailEnable (now with Spamtrap/Honeypot!)
Built-in SpamAssassin, Clam, MessageSniffer, DNSBL, URLBL, DCC, Senderbase, SpamTrap, ShortCircuit, Content Filters, Disclamers, Archiving and more.
Visit www.mxuptime.com