Symantec AV Iinsight Protection Causing Issues

Raise/discuss any potential issues with MailEnable for consideration in project issue register.
mailhelp2

Symantec AV Iinsight Protection Causing Issues

Post by mailhelp2 »

Can somesone tell me if the following are legit MailEnable files.

memis.exe
arpdev.core.dll
mailenable.administration.dll

Symantec keeps putting them in quarantine.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Re: Symantec AV Iinsight Protection Causing Issues

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

Yes they are legitimate. You should exclude them from your scanner.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

mailhelp2

Post by mailhelp2 »

Thanks. Sllllowwww response. If I pay for support do I get a faster response?. I love your product, and rarely have a problem, but Symantec went crazy when a virus made it past my first line of defense. Decided to completely quarantine the mail server and failed at doing so....causing me to uninstall and reinstall the product. I white listed these services to make sure I did not have the same issue again. Was lucky enough to have a backup email file as some users had not done a send/receive after a long weekend, and having to uninstall dumped the email inbox folder.

Anyway... if you have time please let me know if buying support tokens = faster response. Also thanks for a mostly trouble free experience. Been a customer for a long time. Upgrades are seamless. You do an amazing beta test unlike Microsoft that batches updates a lot of the time.

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

The forum is a discussion board and should not be used for managed support. Yes, if you lodge support tickets the response times are much quicker.
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support