Remote image not loaded for privacy

Discussion forum for Enterprise Edition.
jeffhsu

Remote image not loaded for privacy

Post by jeffhsu »

How do I unblock the images n links to be able to load properly in webmail?

In the webmail settings at backend
I did choose Display HTML mails in preview windows
And I did not tick Prevent the loading of remote images in HTML

I using latest version of ME premium

jeffhsu

Re: Remote image not loaded for privacy

Post by jeffhsu »

When I click the image that state Remote image not loaded for your privacy, it shows Download remote image but when I click download, nothing happens.
Is this suppose to be like that?

MailEnable-Ian
Site Admin

Post by MailEnable-Ian »

Hi,

It should download the image when you click Yes to download remote image in the popup. What browser are you using to access the web mail client? If you can lodge a support ticket via our support form under the category of "Upgrade" and provide access to the mailbox we can assist to troubleshoot further.

You can lodge the ticket here: https://www.mailenable.com/support/step1.asp
Regards,

Ian Margarone
MailEnable Support

jka

Post by jka »

Hi

I am having the same problem, using Opera and Explorer. Running the latest version of Enterprise 10.28.

Very annoying so please fix this bug
Attachments
REMOTE.png
REMOTE.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 36332 times

sl-grege

Post by sl-grege »

This bug is also affecting all of our MailEnable servers. We have reverted back to 10.27 in order to fix the problem.

in the preview window, the mail displays properly, however, when you double click on the message to view you get the issue in the previous posts screenshot.

We have also been noticing IMAP issues since 10.27 where the service stops allowing connections. It seems to start with SSL/TLS connections. The service does not stop it simply does not allow any more connection. Restarting the service fixes the problem temporarily.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have an update for this at:

https://www.mailenable.com/beta

We'll be releasing these kits shortly. Some of the problems addressed:

IMP: ClamAV updated
FIX: Remote image hiding when a message is double clicked was not reloading into correct frame
FIX: Various mobile webmail updates
FIX: SMTP was writing out an extra debug line indicating an error when it had already disconnected
FIX: Protocol website was not handling an error which could cause the app pool to be restarted
FIX: SMTP service was bouncing messages on the MAIL FROM command on network error instead of retrying
FIX: IMAP UID EXPUNGE was not logging if there was a disk error
FIX: EHLO blocking in SMTP didn't have logging describing why it was blocking connection
FIX: RFC822 attachments to emails in ActiveSync were not being seen by some clients
FIX: Webmail was not sending to IDN addresses
FIX: Inline attached images in emails viewed or printed in webmail with Microsoft Edge could cause session timeout

If you have issues, but don't require a support person to try to address personally, remember you can log them at:

https://www.mailenable.com/suggest/suggestion.asp

Thanks!

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

I am seeing messages about Remote Images. Now it finally allows us to see the images when clicking on the error, but this issue did not come up until 10.28. Under the webmail properties it is greyed out for blocking remote images. I am using 10.29 and it is still doing this issue, but allows the images when clicked. When will this be returned back to images loading without being blocked or having to click on it?
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you check the following registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mail Enable\Mail Enable]
"Use MIME Library"=dword:00000001

This needs to be set to 1, but you may have it set to 0 which will cause the problem.

rfwilliams777

Post by rfwilliams777 »

Mine is set to 1 (before I checked).
Robert Williams, Owner
www.WilliamsWebSolutions.com
#1 in MailEnable Business-Class Email Hosting - Switch to Williams Web Solutions and we will migrate your accounts to us for FREE!
We can be hired to help you with your Mail Enable server, too!

mailenabler!

Same problem here

Post by mailenabler! »

My customers who use MailEnable have brought up the same issue as well. When on the standalone view page, they may click on the image and accept the pop-up, which will allow the picture to appear. However, on the print-preview page, this does not happen. It gets stuck on "remote image not loaded for privacy."

Is there a fix that can be applied for this, or must we wait for the next release?

mailenabler!

Request for status update

Post by mailenabler! »

Any updates on this? It's been almost 10 months now.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Are you running 10.31? The print preview issues with the remote images were fixed in the 10.30 release.