local mail server to web hosting mail server interconnection

Discussion regarding the Standard version.
kamaream

local mail server to web hosting mail server interconnection

Post by kamaream »

Hello,

I am really hoping to find help in this forum.

I have installed for a customer Mailenable Standard version for an evaluation. During the configuration I got confused on how to configure their local Email Server in a way that their local email server send/receive staff email boxes from/to their current web hosting email server.

This is the current setup.
Staff have MS Outlook configured to fetch/send "IMAP/SMTP" their emails directly from their PCs.
Customer is planning to update Windows 7 to Windows 10. Therefore MS Outlook profile has to be exported then imported to the new MS Outlook of the new Windows 10.

My plan is to use Mailenabled Standard server locally which will enable the staff to connect to their email boxes locally. Then the local email server sync with the external web hosting email boxes.

The confusion I am facing is: The customer local domain is company.ap with server host name mail.company.ap. The server has been configured as part of the Microsoft Active Directory with the local DNS . When I have created the post office I have called it company.ap but the external email server address is company.com.

My question is how can I configure company.ap to send and receive user email boxes from company.com.

I would really appreciate if you could help on to accomplish this. If my description is not clear, please let me know to elaborate more on this.

Thanks and best regards

Kamar

kamaream

Re: local mail server to web hosting mail server interconnection

Post by kamaream »

Hello everyone. Is there anyone who can advise a solution for my request.

Thanks

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I don't think there is a way you can do this with the Standard version. It will not sync your local mailboxes with a remote server. The Professional and Enterprise version does allow you to retrieve email from a remote mailbox to a local one, but it uses the POP protocol so it will only retrieve the remote servers inbox to a local mailbox. This is a one way sync though.

kamaream

Post by kamaream »

Thanks